Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wordless Wednesday - Charles Henry Palin 1871-1957

Charles Henry Palin
Running with the theme of Wordless Wednesday I have posted a picture to complement my post  on Family History through the Alphabet Challenge - F is for Freemasonry.  This is a photo of my great grandfather Charles Palin in his the regalia that he wore as a member of the Manchester Unity Order of Oddfellows, in Broken Hill, New South Wales. The Manchester Unity Order of Oddfellows, was fraternity with similar background and connections to the Freemasons Lodge.

3 comments:

  1. I love being able to see the regalia. What a very cool photograph!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes,isn't it. I was very excited when this photo and another photo of a group of Masons with my Grandfather in it were sent to me from a Family Tree Reseacher in Broken Hill. The other picture is on my post History through the Alphabet Challenge - F is for Freemasonry. Charles in the one on the right hand side

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles is a handsome man in all his regalia.

    ReplyDelete