Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Wordless Wednesday- Sharing Memories

Shearing time
In on of my recent posts, Sharing Memories - Early days in the Bush - Day out with Dad, I wrote about my memories of spending a day out with my father when we lived on, Nuntherungie, a sheep station in the far north west of New South Wales.  I am taking the opportunity of Wordless Wednesday to share with you an old slide of my father and I, outside the shearing shed getting the sheep ready for shearing.  You will have to excuse the quality of the photo.

2 comments:

  1. What a great slide Diane. I just love sheep! I think I've inherited that :)
    Re: the quality - My Mum's and Dad's slides from the 1950s-1970s all have those speckles in the sky too. I have found if you select just the sky in a program like Photoshop Elements and then use 'filter>noise>dust and scratches' (or the equivalent in another photo editing program) it helps a lot and doesn't effect the quality of the rest of the image. I have done this with several of my parents old slides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the tip. I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete